Master of Science in Nursing ~ University of Phoenix ~ Phoenix, AZ ~ 2015
Master of Health Care Administration ~... University of Phoenix~ Phoenix, AZ~ 2005
Bachelor of Science ~ University of Toledo ~ Toledo, Ohio ~ 2000
Associate Degree in Nursing ~ Mercy College of Northwest Ohio ~ Toledo, Ohio ~ 1997
Whitmer High School ~ 1993 Graduate
Ohio & Michigan State Board of Nursing Licensure ~ Registered Nurse (R.N.)
Michigan Medicine: University of Michigan ~ Ann Arbor, MI 2005-Present
Clinical Nursing Director of the Ambulatory Care Nurse Resource Pool Department
Michigan Medicine: University of Michigan – Ann Arbor, MI 2015-Present
Nurse Manager of Ambulatory Care Nursing Resource Pool
House Manager/Manager of Central Staffing Pediatric Acute Care and Critical Care Nurses/ & Patient Care Tech Associates (PCTA)
Michigan Medicine: University of Michigan - Ann Arbor, MI 2005-2015
• Represent administration in-house during off shift hours for University Hospital, Cardiovascular Center (CVC), and C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital for patient concerns, safety, communications, and network with the Administrator on-call for significant events.
• Coordinate with ancillary disciplines for bed management and hospital staffing.
• Operational lead in the creation of an overflow unit when ED census is elevated.
• Total management of FTE’s within the Pediatric Acute Care & Critical Care Clusters of the Central Staffing Resources Department (CSR).
• Facilitated the development of the PCTA as a rounder for high risk patients.
• Facilitate scheduling of staff to meet the needs of C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital.
• Coordinate educational development with the educational nurse specialist for staff.
• Developed & implemented a new graduate program for the pediatric critical care areas.
• Mentor staff for clinical growth and leadership within the Pediatric Acute & Critical Care Clusters.
• Routinely meet with the Director of C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital and other nurse managers developing initiatives for the pediatric population.
• Oversee the coordination of the Return to Work (RTW) program in CSR.
Bixby Medical Center & Herrick Medical Center –Adrian, MI 2008-2009
House Supervisor/Nursing Administration (per diem)
• Supervise the Medical/Surgical, Critical Care, Emergency Room, and Labor &
Delivery areas during the off shifts.
• Monitor the activity of the Emergency Room and coordinate patient flow.
• Assist with events such as codes, unanticipated events and patient care as needed.
• Facilitate staffing for shifts worked in all areas.
The Toledo Hospital -Toledo, OH ~ Administrative Supervisor 2002-2005
• Represent hospital administration for worked shift.
• Responsible for the management of the campus for the off shift hours.
• Coordinate the flow of admissions and patient needs. Manage staffing for the campus.
• Facilitate new patient care interventions through projects and research.
Bay Park Community Hospital - Oregon, Ohio ~ Interim Director 2003-2004
• Interim Director from December, 2003 - April, 2004.
• Responsible for the daily operation of Acute Care (Medical Surgical/Intermediate Care/Critical Care)
• Assisted CNO with initial implementation of new re-structuring plan.
Toledo Children’s Hospital - Toledo, OH ~ RN ~ Pediatric Unit 1998-2002
• Provide total patient care to the pediatric population, specializing in
• Served as a team leader to the Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Unit.
• Accomplishments include positive customer satisfaction, enhanced client/family knowledge through specialized education, and maintained cost effectiveness through appropriate coding per health insurance billings, as well as assisting in daily operations.
• Maintained Quality Assurances (QA) for medical charts for the pediatric clients with Sickle Cell Anemia.
• Responsible for the off shift hours for the Pediatric Hematology/Oncology outpatients as needed.
The Toledo Hospital - Toledo, OH ~ RN ~ Urology/Nephrology Unit 1997-1998
• Responsible for the care of the renal patient including performing CAPD.
• Caring for the needs of the hemodialysis patient.
• Patient education for the diabetic population.
- Whitmer Athletic Club:
-Coached Fast pitched Softball for the Lady Jr. Panthers
-Coached football for (Shoreland) Firebirds
-Coached t-ball & coach pitched baseball for (Shoreland) Firebirds through Trilby Jr. League
-Previous Shoreland Manager for Trilby Jr. League
-A leader in a church (high school) small group
Copyright © Mark Hughes WLS Strong I Board of Education. All rights reserved.
Paid for by Hughes 4 WLS Board of Education